Will I have to add the refunds received from the government to my revenue on my income tax return ?

No, the amounts that you will benefit from (as a tax refund or a tax saving) are amounts that you should have received (or should have not paid) during a previous year. Therefore, this money is not considered taxable income.

Comment on this FAQ